Monday, October 4, 2010

Rhetoric (2009)

by American War.



Okay, in case no one noticed, lately I've been lazy on the descriptions. Instead of doing some research and making an original post, I've just been copying and pasting from other reviews (plagiarizing I guess). This band is basically unknown, the only info on them is coming from various myspace and punk websites (nothing on Amazon). So we all get to enjoy what I expect to be a pleasant surprise on this one. One important thing: They are from OHIO! Alright! The band's page is here: http://www.myspace.com/americanwar. You can download this album for free here (not illegal either): http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/album/american-war/rhetoric/ . If you like the album, I would recommend going back and leaving a small donation.

This is Danny's pick (one of the only non-MU people I've invited into the club, so you all do not know him, but whatever, this club is not exclusive).

1 comment:

  1. Ok my roommate (not from Ohio) and I listened to this band together, and she immediately stereotyped the band being from Ohio by the nice intro with the banjo... and preceded to make fun of my state.... typical. I was a little more interested in the conflicting themes going on with the punkish or almost pop sounding vocals with the bluegrass background. It was very unique I'll give them that, especially because I think in one song they're playing spoons? (The paper people). The lyrics were pretty simple, and I think targeted to about our age. Overall, a very interesting pick, and I want to know how they got started and what kind of town they grew up in.

    ReplyDelete