Monday, February 1, 2010

Louder Than Bombs




by The Smiths.

This is Jeremy's pick. This album was released in 1990, I believe, altough it contains unreleased singles and B-sides, so a lot of the songs date further back into the band's career. Someone on amazon said of it, "Like REM's first studio album Murmur, or losing my virginity, I think about LOUNDER THAN BOMBS and smile with a mix of pain, happiness and regret." Isn't that fascinating?! This album, as well as the band overall, are important in marking the transition from 1980's rock to 1990's indie rock, supposedly.

http://www.amazon.com/Louder-Than-Bombs-Smiths/dp/B000002LBH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1265004928&sr=8-1

1 comment:

  1. I picked this album because, in the words that Brett used, The Smiths "are important in marking the transition" into indie rock. Many of the indie rockers of the 90's and now the 2000's cite them as being instrumental (pun-intended)in their development as musicians and lyricists. Additionally, I think this is a great album by a great band that I didn't think many people had heard of or listened to. I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete